Looking for a tasty on-the-go snack? Look no further!
Let me present you with my newest creation. Delicious energy bites with a slightly salty, creamy, peanut butter heart made with wholesome ingredients. These are not to be missed.
These energy balls are packed with healthy fats and fibre, they are super easy to make and they are vegan! Yes, that’s right! And, to make it even better, they only require 5 simple ingredients to make. Perfect for road trips, parties or as a pre-workout snack. Let’s do this!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Energy Balls
For the inside
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (refrigerated)
For the outer layer
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Scoop out 6 little portions of the peanut butter (roughly around half a teaspoon per one) onto a piece of baking parchment and place in the freezer. Leave to harden for a couple of hours. Once the peanut butter is set and easier to manoeuvre, gently roll into small balls and return to the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Place the oats, cocoa powder and coconut into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds.
- Place the peanut butter and coconut oil into a microwave-safe dish and heat until melted.
- Stir the melted peanut butter and coconut oil into the mixture until combined. It will seem very dry at first but will be fine once incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten with your hand. Place the frozen peanut butter ball in the centre of the flattened disc, then fold the outer layer around the peanut butter centre to ensure it is completely covered. Roll into a ball and return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
Leave a Reply