Rise & shine, friends!
Trust me when I say that this tofu scramble recipe will be a game changer for your breakfast line-up! It has all the flavours of traditional scrambled eggs yet is completely plant based. Say hello to a hearty, protein packed, vegan breakfast in just 10 minutes!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can adapt it as you’d like with whatever vegetables and seasonings you have on hand. I almost always add onions, mushrooms and chopped up peppers for a bursting with flavour tofu scramble!
Delicious, quick and easy breakfast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 140 g tofu, very well drained
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- In a small bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients until combined and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, crumble the tofu into the pan, breaking it up with your fingers or a fork. Then, pour the sauce over it and mix well.
- Cook for around 5 minutes until tofu is hot throughout and slightly browned.
- Once cooked, serve with favourite sides and toppings. I like to serve mine on toast, with a mixed leaf salad or cress.
[…] vegan bacon alternative is perfect served alongside scrambled tofu and beans or in a classic […]