Rustle up these easy vegan turmeric, ginger and garlic flatbreads for a delicious snack or supper. They are incredibly easy to make, require very little ingredients and are really customisable – add your favourite spices or throw in a handful of seeds for an extra crunch!
Turmeric, Ginger and Garlic Vegan Flatbreads
- 130 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp golden syrup
- 90 ml cold water
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, turmeric, ginger and basil. Once combined, add the garlic, olive oil, golden syrup and most of the water (save a little to add later as necessary).
- Mix using a silicone spatula to form a dough. If the dough seems a little dry, add the remaining water. Knead for 4-6 minutes then transfer onto a floured work surface, cover with a clean tea towel and leave for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four (or 2 if making larger ones) pieces. Dust each piece in a little flour and roll into a disc.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a pan over medium heat. When the oil looks shimmery, add a flatbread and cook until golden on one side, flip and cook until golden on the second side (1 to 2 minutes on each side).
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Continue with the remaining flatbreads and if the pan looks a little dry, add a bit more oil before continuing.