A super scrumptious, easy seasonal fruity bake topped with buttery crumble topping.
This old-fashioned dessert combines a light and fluffy cake base, fresh peach and apple slices and a crunchy buttery crumble topping. It is super easy to make and can easily be adapted depending on what fruit you have at home – try it with plums or sliced strawberries!
This vegan peach and apple crumble cake recipe is so simple, requiring just 11 basic ingredients.
The bottom layer is my go-to basic, foolproof, fluffy cake layer. It is topped with naturally sweet, ripe peach and apple slices. And, last but by no means least, is the buttery crumble topping made with flour, sugar and vegan buttery spread. Yum!
This lovely, fluffy peach and apple crumb cake uses very few ingredients and takes just 10 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to bake making this a great recipe to have on hand for those last-minute guests!
Vegan Peach & Apple Crumble Cake
For the cake batter
- 1 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup plant milk of choice
For the fruit layer
- 1 medium apple
- 1 large peach
For the crumble layer
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add the oil, vinegar and milk and whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the baking tin.
- Make the crumble by placing the cold butter, flour and sugar into a bowl. Mix and knead with your fingers until crumbly.
- Wash the apple and peach. Cut in half, then slice. Place the apple and peach slices on top of the cake batter. Sprinkle the crumble on top of the sliced fruit.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 24-28 minutes or until golden.