Super easy to whip up, these vegan chocolate baked donuts are just as satisfying as the fried version but so much lighter! C’mon, donut tell me you’re not mouthwatering!
Vegan Chocolate Baked Donuts
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup soya milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the glaze
- 80 g chocolate spread, melted
- 50 g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a donut baking tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer the batter into a small milk jug and pour into the donut tray, dividing it evenly between the 6 donut wells.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted to the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- To decorate the donuts, transfer the chocolate spread into a small bowl or a plate. Microwave until runny. Dip each donut into the melted choc spread then carefully lift the donut back out. Sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnuts. Repeat with all 6 donuts. Leave to set for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply