Some days, you just need a burger. And today is one of those days.
I love a good fat burger, I am not the type of girl that just orders a salad every time I go out. I mean, I used to be that girl…I used to be super self-conscious and so over concerned about my thighs touching. Now I literally do NOT care, and I suggest you try this approach, too. The one thing I will never understand is how girls go on dates, and just order a salad. Like, if I go on a date, I will order the whole damn menu and undo my button just so I can fit more lol!
Anyway, I was craving a burger today but I wasn’t in the mood to go out. I opened the fridge, and surprisingly my fridge looked pretty bare. Broccoli, a handful of shallots, some leftover easter egg chocolate and a bottle of hot sauce (staple in this house) were the only goods I could find. I hesitated for good 8 seconds, but then I thought, yep, I can work with that. Guys, it’s time for you to meet my newest creation. Simple, vegan broccoli burger patties. YUM.
Speaking of simple, this burger recipe requires just 1 bowl and 30 minutes to make. Hello simple, indeed. It is also high in vitamins A, C and K, as well as iron, magnesium and beta-carotene.
Vegan broccoli burger patties
- 1 broccoli
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (plus extra for frying)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1/2 tbsp of salt and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and boil for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking process) and drain.
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the breadcrumbs and flour into a food processor and pulse for around 3 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs and flour and stir until combined.
- Divide the mixture into four even portions and form each portion into a patty. Place on a baking sheet and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat a large frying pan with vegetable oil. Add broccoli patties to the pan and cook for around 4 minutes each side on medium heat.
Leave a Reply