It’s no surprise that avocado is my favourite fruit. If you know me, you know that I eat at least two a day. They taste delicious and they are so good for you too (you can read more about the health benefits of avocados here).
Anyway, I also like pasta. I mean, you guys know I’m all about the carbs. Combine the two together and ta-dah! Here comes one of my favourite dishes – avocado pasta, yay!
Mixed with flavoursome pesto, edamame beans and peas, served with spicy roasted cherry tomatoes and sweet coconut yoghurt, this simple pasta dish is to die for. Let’s do this! This is comfort food at its finest.
This is comfort food at its finest.
- 200 g tagliatelle pasta
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup garden peas
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C | Gas mark 6.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, place on a baking tray, sprinkle with 1 tsp of chilli flakes, a little salt, pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions and drain.
For the sauce
- Mash the avocados, add in the pesto, salt, dill, oregano, basil, crushed garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir in the garden peas and edamame beans. Taste and season to taste.
- Stir in the avocado sauce into the pasta, and transfer onto a plate.
- Decorate with roasted tomatoes and dollops of coconut yoghurt before drizzling with a little olive oil.
Leave a Reply