This is my kind of meal. Delicious, plenty of protein and it’s quick and easy.
Friends, meet ‘tofish’, a vegan spin on a classic British beer-battered fish & chips. In other words, delicate soft tofu enclosed in a crunchy, full of flavour golden batter. Care to join? (You should totally get on board because it’s sooo delicious).
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Protein-rich (16g of protein per serving)
This vegan beer-battered tofu would make the perfect weeknight meal. It’s super tasty served with homemade chips, peas and of course, lots of vinegar! Let’s do this!
Beer Battered Tofish
- 225 g tofu
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 ml vegan beer
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, paprika, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Cut the tofu into 4 slabs, cover in the seasoned flour and place aside.
- Add the beer and soy sauce into the flour mixture and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Take one piece of tofu at a time and dip in the batter. Coat evenly using a fork, then carefully place into the hot pan and fry for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with homemade chips and mushy peas.