Delicious, moist, Biscoff banana bread. You know, the kind of ‘bread’ (cake) that is justifiable as a “snack/dessert” or “breakfast” because it has fruit in it?
I’ve been on a Biscoff kick lately. Biscoff spread in my porridge, Biscoff spread on toast, crushed Biscoff biscuits on top of everything. So it was only a matter of time before I fused my favourite new snack with banana bread.
Soft, banana-y, moist bread with swirls of salty caramelised biscuit spread. It truly is a match made in heaven.
Two bananas, one bowl. Let’s bake, shall we?
Biscoff banana bread (vegan)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soya milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Biscoff caramelised biscuit spread
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork, add the sugar, oil, soya milk and whisk to combine. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan.
- Scoop the Biscoff spread into a microwave proof dish and heat it for around 15 seconds. Stir to make sure it's melting evenly, then swirl it through the banana bread batter, making rounded vertical zig-zags from one side of the pan to the other.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.