Delicious, moist, Biscoff banana bread. You know, the kind of ‘bread’ (cake) that is justifiable as a “snack/dessert” or “breakfast” because it has fruit in it?
I’ve been on a Biscoff kick lately. Biscoff spread in my porridge, Biscoff spread on toast, crushed Biscoff biscuits on top of everything. So it was only a matter of time before I fused my favourite new snack with banana bread.
Soft, banana-y, moist bread with swirls of salty caramelised biscuit spread. It truly is a match made in heaven.
Two bananas, one bowl. Let’s bake, shall we?
Biscoff banana bread (vegan)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soya milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Biscoff caramelised biscuit spread
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork, add the sugar, oil, soya milk and whisk to combine. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan.
- Scoop the Biscoff spread into a microwave proof dish and heat it for around 15 seconds. Stir to make sure it's melting evenly, then swirl it through the banana bread batter, making rounded vertical zig-zags from one side of the pan to the other.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
[…] banana bread. It really is up there with some of my top favourite foods. You’ve seen me make Biscoff swirl banana bread, marbled banana bread as well as banana bread breakfast muffins. Basically, my love for banana […]