These crunchy breadsticks are made with super simple bread dough, rolled into thin strips and baked for just 20 minutes until crispy and golden.
They are delicious with dips or on their own and are a great party food.
These vegan breadsticks are super adaptable – you can make them plain, sprinkled with sea salt, sesame seeds, black onion seeds, poppy seeds or even grated cheese. The options are endless!
Crunchy Vegan Breadsticks
- 50 ml warm water
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 cup strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black onion seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Add the warm water, butter and yeast to a large mixing bowl and mix using a wooden spoon until both the yeast and butter have dissolved.
- Add in the flour, oil and salt and mix to form a dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for around 5 minutes until smooth.
- Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm spot for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190C | Gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a log that is round 1cm thin.
- Place on the prepared baking tray, then, if you like, brush them with a little oil and sprinkle with black onion or sesame seeds and sea salt.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden. Store in an airtight container.
How long does this store for? What’s the best way to store?
Hi Michaela, I’ve stored them in an air tight container for approximately one week and they were still crunchy! Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. Thanks.