This colourful little bowl is packed with yummy veggies, it is full of flavour and you can make it in just 30 minutes! It is probably the easiest ramen you will ever make and it is so much tastier (and healthier) than store-bought.
This vegan-friendly ramen starts with a rich vegetable broth infused with garlic, ginger and chillies. It is then topped with hearty noodles and packed full of delicious vegetables.
For my base, I used soy sauce which I believe, is what makes this ramen broth a Shoyu ramen. If you haven’t got soy sauce, you could use white miso instead. If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, use tamari instead and switch the ramen noodles to a gluten-free type, such as rice noodles. I recommend you cook the noodles separately because cooking them in the broth will release the starches into the stock and make your ramen a lot heavier and cloudy.
Remember – this vegan ramen recipe is easily adaptable to the ingredients you have at home. You can add any vegetables and toppings you like! I like mine topped with fried mushrooms or garlic and herb marinated soya chunks to add protein. But guys, you don’t really need any fancy toppings for a kick-ass ramen bowl. A handful of spring onions and a few tofu pieces will do the job just fine too!
Easy Vegan Ramen
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp soy, ginger and garlic paste
- 2 chillis, chopped
- 1 bok choy
- 3 baby corns
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup tenderstem broccoli
- small bunch fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green spring onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g mushrooms
- 275 g fresh ramen noodles
- In a large pot, dissolve the stock cube in 2 pints of water and bring to a boil. Add the soy sauce, soy, ginger and garlic paste, chillis, bok choy, baby corn, carrots, sugar snap peas, tender stem broccoli and fresh coriander and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice the mushrooms. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium frying pan and fry the mushrooms until golden. Set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil onto the pan and fry the noodles, stirring continuosly for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls then top with the ramen and mushrooms. Sprinkle over sliced spring onions and serve immediately.