Not sure what to make for dinner? This roasted carrot soup recipe is super easy to make and it is so delicious. There’s really nothing more comforting than a steaming hot bowl of good soup!
This delicious soup pairs the natural sweetness of carrots and warming turmeric with a little kick from the chilli and garlic. It is super creamy, yet so light (no cream), AND you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already! It is ideal for batch cooking – just double the recipe, eat half now, and freeze the rest for later!
This roasted carrot soup is:
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Packed with anti-inflammatory turmeric, known for its abilities to reduce inflammation in the gut and throughout the body. It is great at soothing the muscles in our digestive system, meaning food can be pushed through more easily, reducing gas and bloating.
- Easy on the gut
- Packed with flavour
Easy Roasted Carrot Soup
- 500 g carrots
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 3 stems coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 200C | gas mark 6.
- Wash and slice the carrots, then place in a baking tray together with the chopped onion, chopped chilli, garlic cloves and coriander. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and turmeric and toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime, dissolve the stock cube in 1 pint of warm water and set aside.
- Once the carrots are ready, place them in a food processor, pour in the stock and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.