Got any leftover sourdough starter left and don’t know what to do with it? Don’t let it go to waste!
If you have excess browning bananas on hand (you know, those ones that are so black and mushy no one touches them), use it to make this delicious loaf of banana bread instead.
This vegan sourdough banana bread recipe is super simple, requires only 7 ingredients, 1 bowl and it can all be mixed together by hand. So if you happen to have a sourdough starter and aren’t sure what to make with the discard, this is THE perfect recipe!
Vegan Sourdough Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 2 mashed bananas
- Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas mark 4. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the sourdough starter over the flour together with the melted vegan margarine and two mashed bananas. Using a wooden spoon mix to form a thick, smooth batter.
- Scrape the batter into the lined loaf tin. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for around 60 inutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into slices.