- 1½ cup fresh basil
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- Grind the basil, pine nuts, garlic and salt in a pestle and mortar (don’t worry if you don’t have one, just pop all of your ingredients into a blender and give it a good mix)
- Add 2 – 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (if you want more of a chunky pesto don’t add as much olive oil, if you prefer the saucier type add more – it really depends on what you like) and season to taste.
- Add the nutritional yeast and stir gently, then add a dash of lemon juice for that perfect tangy twist, and drizzle with some more olive oil. It’s sooo good!