Ready in just 20 minutes, this lemon pesto pasta with Swiss chard is a delicious and super quick summer recipe. It can be enjoyed warm or cold, and it is packed full of flavour.
Lemon Pesto Pasta with Swiss Chard
Servings: 2 people
- 6 tomatoes on the vine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups Swiss chard
For the homemade lemon pesto sauce
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 handful chives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C | Gas mark 6.
- Make the pesto sauce by placing all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Coat the tomatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil, place on a baking sheet and place in the oven 8-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions in the pack.
- Once cooked, drain the spaghetti and transfer into a large mixing bowl. Toss the cooked spaghetti with the pesto and chard until evenly coated, then stir in the tomatoes.
- Serve warm or cold!