Small but mighty, these delicious homemade date bars are packed with energy and make the perfect on-the-go snack.
These bars are super simple to make, requiring just 5 ingredients. Yes, that’s right! AND they are really customisable, too. This recipe is for a plain date bar which happens to taste like salted caramel but you can easily customise these by adding your favourite nuts, seeds, spices, protein powders or dried fruits.
4 ingredient salted caramel naked date bars (vegan + gluten free)
- Silicone chocolate bar mould or a tray lined with baking parchment
- 200 g dates soaked for a couple of hours, drained
- 140 g peanut butter
- 80 g cashews
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp protein powder*
- For this recipe you will need a silicone chocolate bar mould or a tray lined with baking parchment.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for a couple of hours. Drain.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and add more salt if required. I like these 'salted caramel' bars to be quite salty, so I add a bit more salt.
- Press the mixture evenly into your silicone mould or prepared tin. Place in the freezer for at least two hours, ideally overnight.
- Wrap each bar in baking parchment and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.