Rich and satisfying, this vegan lentil curry hits all the right spots. So, if you love Indian cuisine, you need to try this!
It’s a cinch to make. Ready?
- 200 g dried lentils
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 small carrots
- 5 baby corns
- 1 handful ripe cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ cup frozen garden peas
- 1 red onion
- 400 g passata
- ½ cup creamed coconut
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry
- olive oil
- Cook your dried lentils according to instructions on the pack. I cooked mine for 30 minutes on medium high heat. When cooked, drain and set aside.
- Boil the carrots in salted water, add in the baby corns and peas when the carrots are starting to go soft, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onion. Cook until soft, transparent and the edges are turning golden.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, garlic, sliced mushrooms and all the spices and cook for 15 minutes, stirring in between.
- Stir in the lentils, carrots, baby corns and peas, add this point you can add a little bit of the vegetable stock to make the sauce a little thinner. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for further 15mins.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or zucchini noodles, seasoned with finely chopped coriander, or other herbs of your choice.