A delicious and easy homemade ‘Bounty’ bar recipe that is vegan, gluten-free and keto-friendly.
I absolutely love ‘veganising’ chocolate goodies like these Bounty Bars. They always taste so much better and you know exactly what goes in them. It’s a win-win! And this recipe requires just four simple ingredients and 15 minutes to make. This is probably the easiest recipe I have ever made!
If you try these homemade vegan bounty bars, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and let me know how it went in the comments!
Low Carb Bounty Bars (Vegan, GF, Keto)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (solid white bit at the top of canned coconut milk)
- 1 cup desicated coconut
- 85* g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a plate or a small tray with non-stick baking parchment and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil into a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds or so or until melted.
- Stir in the coconut cream, then add the desiccated coconut and mix to combine.
- Using your hands, form the coconut mixture into five patties and place on the parchment-lined plate or tray.
- Place the patties in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Whilst waiting for the patties to firm up, melt the chocolate. Put an inch or so of boiling water in a pan and find a bowl that sits in the pan comfortably – you do not want the bottom of the bowl to touch the water. Turn on the hob and pop the chocolate in the bowl and let it melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, stir in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, take the bowl off the heat and let the chocolate cool slightly, for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spoon, evenly cover each patty with the melted chocolate.
- Place on the baking parchment and return to the freezer for 5-10 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Store in the fridge.