Carbs! Carbs! Who’s ready for another simple, delicious recipe?! Please say yes, because these easy spicy hasselback potatoes are calling your name.
Friends, I have a serious thing for potatoes. Potatoes are carbs. And carbs are life. It’s a genuine addiction.
If you’re looking to spice things up in the kitchen then this recipe for spicy hasselback potatoes is for you. Not only is it an easy, fun-looking side dish, it is like having all of your potato dreams come true. Crispy edges, tender middles as creamy as mashed potatoes, with butter infused with the flavours of chilli, garlic and herbs.. What more could you ask for?
The key to getting the most out of the spicy, herby garlic butter is to brush the potatoes in the beginning and then brush them again halfway through cooking.
I was so hungry that I polished off all of these myself, so you might want to go ahead and double the recipe. I suspect the leftovers would pack well for lunch, too! Let’s do this!
Spicy Hasselback Potatoes
- 400 g new potatoes scrubbed clean and patted dry
- 5 tsp vegan buttery spread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Wash potatoes (do not peel). Using a sharp knife, carefully make small vertical slits, three quarters of the way down each potato, all the way along.
- Put the potatoes in a roasting tray. In a bowl, mix together the melted vegan buttery spread, oil, chilli flakes, paprika, dill, garlic, salt and pepper and brush over each potato with a pastry brush. Place in the oven and roast for around 40 minutes, or until golden and crispy around the edges, brushing them again halfway through cooking.