Hey guys! Are you ready for something healthy and savoury and delicious? Good, I have just the thing.
Friends, meet falafel. The perfect, vegan falafel that is so easy to make. Perfect stuffed into pittas or tortilla breads, served with moroccan couscous and hummus, smashed avo’ or simply leftover grilled veggies.
I stumbled across a version of this recipe a few months ago on BBC Good Food and I’ve made them so so many times, eventually adapting the recipe to my own version of it. I honestly can’t count the times I’ve made these, and they never last more than a day in my house!
The Perfect Vegan Falafel
Packed good fats, fiber and protein
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- oil for frying
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, place in a food processor together with the remaining ingredients and mix to combine thoroughly. Once combined, sample a little bit and adjust spices/herbs as required.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for around 30 minutes for the texture to become more firm and to allow the flavours to meld.
- Once cooled, scoop out around 2 tablespoons of the mixture and gently shape into small discs using your hands.
- Once formed, heat a little oil in a frying pan, and cook each falafel for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
Leave a Reply