Don’t get me wrong – most of the time I’m happy to devour veggies dipped in hummus, but sometimes it’s nice to mix things up. Give me a bag of tortilla chips and a Tzatziki dip and I’ll call it dinner.
This soya yoghurt sauce made with fresh cucumbers and fresh mint is a classic. It can be served with an endless amount of veggies, crackers or tortilla chips. So if you need an appetizer in a hurry, look no further!
Tzatziki dip (vegan)
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- 1 cup plain soya yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- A few sprigs fresh mint
- Peel and slice the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape out the seeds then grate the remaining cucumber.
- Place the grated cucumber in a sieve and rest it on a bowl. Give it a little stir, and leave to drain. If you’re in a rush, you can get rid of the excess moisture by pushing the liquid out with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the cucumber with plain soya yogurt, lemon juice and pressed garlic cloves. Finely chop the dill and mint, then fold through the cucumber mixture. Season with salt to taste.