Don’t get me wrong – most of the time I’m happy to devour veggies dipped in hummus, but sometimes it’s nice to mix things up. Give me a bag of tortilla chips and a Tzatziki dip and I’ll call it dinner.
This soya yoghurt sauce made with fresh cucumbers and fresh mint is a classic. It can be served with an endless amount of veggies, crackers or tortilla chips. So if you need an appetizer in a hurry, look no further!
Tzatziki dip (vegan)
Perfectly creamy and flavour-packed
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- 1 cup plain soya yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- A few sprigs fresh mint
- Peel and slice the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape out the seeds then grate the remaining cucumber.
- Place the grated cucumber in a sieve and rest it on a bowl. Give it a little stir, and leave to drain. If you’re in a rush, you can get rid of the excess moisture by pushing the liquid out with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the cucumber with plain soya yogurt, lemon juice and pressed garlic cloves. Finely chop the dill and mint, then fold through the cucumber mixture. Season with salt to taste.
Leave a Reply