Guess what guys – eating clean does NOT mean missing out on the best things in life!
Ready in 30 minutes and requiring only 4 ingredients, these homemade, guilt-free vegan bounty bars are probably the easiest recipe on this blog so far. I love making my own versions of commercial chocolate bars and candy. Why? Because not only do they taste better but most importantly, you know exactly what goes inside them!
I added a few tablespoons of raw raspberry powder for a nutrient rich kick, but this of course, is optional.
Vegan bounty bars
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 150 g canned coconut cream
- 3 ½ tbsp raw raspberry powder optional
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- In a food processor combine the desiccated coconut, coconut cream (the fat from the top of a can of coconut milk), raspberry powder and maple syrup until a sticky mixture is formed. Shape the mixture into bite-size bars and arrange them on a tray lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge for at least 45 minutes (or, if you can’t wait, set in the freezer for around 10 minutes).
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan filled with simmering water. Once melted, take the bowl off the heat and allow to cool slightly before dipping each bounty bar into the melted chocolate, making sure each one is covered in a thick, even layer. Arrange the bars on a cooling rack and allow to set then serve.