This cheap and easy vegan green risotto is a must this summer! Tasty flavoursome leeks are combined with a creamy sweet green pea and coconut yoghurt sauce. It’s easy to make, requires very little ingredients and it’s perfect on a hot summer’s day.
This dish is gluten-free and vegan and it only takes 20 minutes to make! Let’s cook!
Vegan Green Risotto
- 150 g green peas, cooked and drained
- 1/2 lemon
- 550 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g arborio rice
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, wash and finely chop the leeks. Finely chop or mince the garlic clove using a garlic press.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little olive oil over a medium heat. Add the sliced leek and chopped garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Once the leeks begin to soften, add the rice, stir, then add the vegetable stock stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the pea and yoghurt sauce. Add the peas, dill (stalks included) and coconut yoghurt into a food processor and blitz into a puree. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Once the size has been cooking for 15 minutes, add the pea puree to the pan together with the juice of 1/2 lemon. Stir to combine and continue to cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Taste and season as required.