Soft, fluffy sponge base, sweet jam filling and a generous layer of chocolate. Need I say more?!
Guys, let me present you with my newest creation – vegan jaffa cakes! YUM!
Now all you need to do is call your favourite person and tell them to come over for a delicious vegan treat because let me tell you – this will be a firm favourite with everyone!
Vegan Jaffa Cakes
For the sponge:
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 ml soya milk
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 12 tsp strawberry or orange jam
For the chocolate:
- 150 g dairy-free chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas Mark 4. Grease a muffin tray with oil or butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar. Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Once combined, spoon a small amount of the batter into each. Bake in the middle of the oven for 8-12 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool slightly in the tray before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cakes have cooled, spoon a dollop of strawberry or orange jam in the middle of each one.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a pan of simmering water.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the cakes. Once the tops are completely covered, place in the fridge and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes or until set.
Leave a Reply