Might I serve you up a slice of my latest vegan, delicious pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin season is officially here and I’ve been dreaming about this vegan pumpkin pie recipe for a while now. It’s not even November yet and I’ve already gone through two whole pumpkins and 1 can of puree… Yes, I got a bit excited but tis the season for pumpkin everythinggg.
Served with whipped coconut cream, vanilla custard or ice cream, this subtly spiced, perfectly sweet and super creamy pumpkin pie would make the perfect dessert to bring along to holiday gatherings. Let’s do this!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 320 ml evaporated coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 roll ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 22cm loose bottomed tart tin with the ready rolled pastry and chill for 10 mins. Line the pastry with baking parchment and baking beans, and blind bake for 15 mins. Then, remove the beans and paper, and bake for a further 10 mins until the base is pale golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until very smooth. Pour into the par-baked pie crust and carefully transfer to the oven. Increase oven to 220° / Gas Mark 7. Bake for around 45 minutes, until the pumpkin pie filling has set but remember it’s okay if it jiggles a bit as the filing will set while it cools overnight.
- Remove from the oven and let the pie cool completely before removing from the tin. Transfer to the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours, ideally over night. Serve chilled with a dollop of dairy free whipped cream, ice cream or custard.