Guys, it’s cookie time! Buttery, comforting, vegan shortbread topped with a crunchy toasted almond. Yaas!
These vegan shortbread cookies are super simple, as always. Just 1 bowl and no fancy ingredients, methods or equipment required. Just good old buttery cookies, at your fingertips in… less than 1 hour!!
Vegan shortbread cookies
- 200 g dairy free butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110 g golden caster sugar
- 280 g plain flour, sifted
- 40 almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the dairy free butter, vanilla extract and caster sugar together. Stir in the flour and mix into a dough.
- Cover in cling film and place in the fridge for around 30 minutes for the dough to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 160C / gas mark 3 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll out to approximately 1/2 cm thickness. Cut the dough into shapes using a cookie cutter or a round glass.
- Optional: These cookies are amazing on their own but to jazz it up a little you could, at this point, place an almond in the middle of each cookie. Alternatively, sprinkle with a little sugar, add a dollop of jam, place a small chocolate chunk in the middle or just leave them plain. It’s completely up to you!
- Place on the baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for around 12 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.