This vegan spinach and cream cheese pasta bake recipe is SO easy to make. A classic Italian pasta recipe; Conchiglie pasta shells stuffed with cheesy spinach mixture topped with tomato sauce before baking. A truly satisfying, delicious, weeknight pasta meal on the table in under 30 minutes. Let’s go!
Vegan Spinach & Cream Cheese Pasta Shells
- 100 g pasta shells, cooked as per instructions and cooled
- 240 baby leaf spinach
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- 150 g vegan cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 ml passata
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pour the passata into a large baking dish and set aside.
- Heat a knob of butter in a large frying pan. Add the onions and fry for 2-3 minutes, before adding the spinach. Turn the heat down and cook for around 4 minutes, then stir in half of the cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese has dissolved, and take the mixture off the heat. Using a hand blander or a food processor, blitz to form a smooth sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper as required.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into your cooled pasta shells, packing them quite full. Place them into the baking dish on top of the passata. Add about half a teaspoon of the remaining cream cheese.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes. Serve warm.