Everyone likes chocolate cookies, right? And if you don’t, I mean come on, seriously?
This is the very BEST chewy, gooey, vegan chocolate cookie recipe. I know it’s a big claim, but it’s true.
It’s also one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made! No chilling time, no fancy ingredients, just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious double chocolate cookie that is ready in just 15 minutes. Yes, that’s right. From start to finish, these delicious cookies take about 15 minutes to make, which means they can easily be made on an evening to satisfy those late night cravings. You can also prepare the dough a couple of days in advance – just wrap it in cling film and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Vegan Gooey Double Chocolate Cookies
- 140 g golden caster sugar
- 40 g chopped almonds
- 110 g dark chocolate chunks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 200 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 60 g butter, melted
- 70 g nut butter of choice
- 100 g golden syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180C | gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the golden caster sugar, almond pieces, chocolate chunks and salt. Sieve in the cocoa powder, flour and soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter, butter and golden syrup. Once combined, add it to the flour mixture. Mix using a wooden spoon and bring the dough together using your hands.
- Divide the dough into 8 golf sized balls, flatten slightly and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 8-10 minutes. The edges of the cookies should feel firm but the centre will be still quite soft. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.