This recipe for vegan homemade Twix bars is a game changer! Crunchy biscuit base, smooth and salty homemade date caramel and a thin layer of crispy chocolate – the ultimate sweet treat.
They’re surprisingly simple to make and so much more delicious than the original version.
Vegan Twix Bars
Crunchy biscuit base, smooth and salty homemade date caramel and a thin layer of crispy chocolate – the ultimate sweet treat.
For the caramel
- 200 g pitted dates
- 100 ml plant milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smooth peanut or almond butter
For the biscuit
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 9 tsp coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate topping
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
To make the caramel
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. Taste and add more salt if required.
- Place in the fridge until needed.
For the biscuit
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- To make the biscuit base, place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they are like fine crumbs. Stir in the melted coconut oil.
- Press into the bottom of the loaf tin to form an even layer then pour the salted caramel over the top. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds, give it a stir then repeat until all the chocolate is melted. Stir in the coconut oil.
- Remove the caramel-covered bars from the tin and cut into thin, finger-width sizes.
- Using a fork, dip the bars in the melted chocolate, covering them completely. Place on a parchment-lined tray and repeat until all bars are dipped. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until set.
Leave a Reply