Did ya’ll have a good Christmas? I did. And despite being ill, I’ve been enjoying being in the kitchen even more than usual lately. Maybe it’s because I’ve been whipping up amazing things like these vegan chocolate chip cookies? They really are insanely delicious, require just 1 bowl and 8 ingredients, and they come together in under 40 minutes! *major swoon*
Ya’ll know by now that my obsession with chocolate is real. I mean, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love chocolate. Anyone else remember the movie Matilda where the little boy called Bruce was forced to eat an entire gigantic chocolate cake as a punishment? I was so jealous. I MEAN CAN YOU IMAGINE.
Anyway, back to the cookies. Let me warn you. Just because the recipe is vegan does not make it healthy. Let’s be honest here. These cookies are full of sugar BUT sometimes I want to have a dessert that doesn’t have oats or fruit in it. And if you have the same feelings, this vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe is for you.
I hope these cookies make it to your tables. And if they do, please let me know how they turn out for you!
1-bowl vegan chocolate chip cookies
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 cup soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- Combine both the sugars, coconut and salt. Then add in the soya milk and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, stir in the plain flour together with the baking soda until all of the flour is incorporated into the dough. Add dark chocolate chips or roughly chopped good quality dark chocolate.
- Cover the mixture with cling film, place in the fridge and chill for around 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into equally sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 180C for 10 to 12 minutes.