I recently tried the new vegan almond butter and dark chocolate cookie from Pret A Manger and it was perfect. When I got home I got straight into the kitchen. The code had to be cracked!
The recipe is super easy. Packed with dark chocolate chunks and yummy almond butter, these vegan chocolate cookies are totally decadent! These chocolate chip cookies really are the best homemade chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had. AND they’re vegan. That’s right, there’s no butter or eggs involved in this recipe, but you’d never guess it! It also means that this recipe is even easier to make than standard chocolate chip cookies. What are we waiting for? Let’s bake!
Almond butter dark chocolate cookies
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted vegan spread
- 4 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 165C / Gas Mark 3. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the almond butter and sea salt. Stir to form a batter.
- Scoop the batter into equally sized balls, place onto the baking tray, then create a small hole in the middle of each cookie by gently pressing with your finger. Add a little almond butter into the middle of each cookie and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes – they should look underdone when you take them out of the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before handling, during which time they will firm up.