I’m sure we can all agree that coconut and chocolate are a match made in heaven. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate and coconut?
Well guess what ladies and gents! You can now make coconut cups in your kitchen and I am so excited to share this recipe with you. To get started on these little coconut treats of bliss, all you need is four ingredients. Yep, that’s right. Unlike the store bought version packed with processed sugar, artificial colours and other funky ingredients, these vegan coconut cups are made from only the good stuff. They are vegan, gluten and soy free and they are pretty good for you too!
I like my desserts with a little salt and bit of a crunch to them, so just like with my recipe for homemade peanut butter cups I added a little bit of salt to the filling. Using desiccated coconut adds a little bit of crunch (which I love!), but if you’re not a fan and would prefer the filling to be smooth, just pop the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth.
If you want to get uber fancy, why not make your own chocolate or sprinkle with a little coconut or sea salt on top? You, my friend, can keep these as classic or as fancy as you like!
Chocolate coconut cups
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp canned coconut cream
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- pinch of salt
- Melt the dark chocolate. If using a microwave, heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each.
- Scoop a little chocolate into the bottom of each silicone cup and place in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Then scoop about one tablespoon of the coconut mixture into the centre of each chocolate cup. Press down gently with the back of a spoon to flatten the filling.
- Using the remaining chocolate, top each cup with enough chocolate to cover the filling. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.