There are so many delicious things you can make with pumpkin this season and one of them is this baked pumpkin doughnut recipe. Dipped in maple peanut butter glaze, they are perfect for afternoon tea or a family gathering. AND to make things even better, these pumpkin doughnuts are naturally sweetened, gluten free and vegan! Yes, that’s right. A doughnut that is actually healthy. Well, kind of.
Are you ready for the best autumn doughnut ever? Let’s do this!
*The recipe calls for 1 vegan egg substitute. I used Organ No Egg egg replacer however, flax egg would also work well in this recipe. To learn more about flax eggs, or vegan egg alternatives in baking click here.
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
Vegan pumpkin baked doughnuts with delicious maple peanut butter icing
For the doughnuts
- 1 vegan egg substitute
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the maple peanut butter glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4. Spray a doughnuts pan with cooking spray or grease with oil or vegan butter alternative and set aside.
- Place all the wet ingredients into a large bowl, and mix using a hand mixer until well combined before adding all of the dry ingredients and stir.
- Once combined, transfer the mixture into your greased doughnut pan. Bake for around 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Then take out of the oven and let them cool completely before trasfering onto a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Once combined, dip the cooled doughnuts into the glaze.
Leave a Reply