Happy Autumn! Are you ready for all that my favourite season brings? I am. I simply love this time of year, especially the baking and aromas that come with it. My house already smells like Christmas, and it’s making me sooo excited.
It’s here! This delicious slightly spiced, perfectly sweet pumpkin bread of my dreams makes the perfect take-along breakfast, snack, or even a dessert. Hoo-ray!
This pumpkin bread:
- Comes together in just 1 bowl
- Is super easy to make
- Ready in just under an hour
- Is easy, simple, and delicious! Score.
Once baked, let it cool completely before slicing or it can be a tad on the crumbly side!
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think by leaving a comment or take a picture and tag it #letseatsmart on Instagram!
Spiced pumpkin bread
- 1 tin (425g) pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 75 ml olive oil
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 mashed banana
- 225 g baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp soya yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- In a small mixing bowl or a cup, mix the baking soda with the soya yogurt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree together with the 75g sunflower oil and 100g light muscovado sugar. Then stir in the remaining ingredients including the yogurt mixture until well combined.
- Bake in a greased, lined loaf tin for around 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing.