They are here: gluten-free, raw, vegan chocolate cake pops of my dreams. AND to make it even better, they require only 4 ingredients. Yep, you read that right! They are so easy to make and a perfect party food, too. Let’s (not) bake!
These perfectly bite-sized chocolate balls are:
- Naturally sweetened
- Easy to make
- A perfect little snack or dessert
For the base of the cake pop, I made a simple vegan & gluten-free chocolate ‘cake’ using a mixture of oats, cacao powder and banana. My cake pops turned out pretty sweet but I did use a ripe banana. If you want something sweeter, you could add a drizzle of agave nectar or maple syrup into the mixture, but I didn’t feel that was necessary.
I then dipped them in my own homemade chocolate which I made using two raw ingredients – cacao butter and cacao powder.
Gluten-free Raw Vegan Chocolate Cake Pops (5 ingredients)
To make the ‘cake’ filling:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 large banana
To make the chocolate:
- 100 g raw cacao butter
- 7 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until they are ground into a powder-like consistency.
- In a bowl, mash the banana using a fork, add the cocoa powder and stir to incorporate. Add in the oat flour and mix well until combined.
- Roll into 6 uniform balls and push a lollipop stick into each one.
- To make the chocolate, simply melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, stir in the cacao powder. Let the chocolate cool down a little for about 5 minutes.
- Dip each cake pop into the chocolate, allowing it to drip off a little over the bowl, then stand upright on baking parchment and allow it to set at room temperature.
Leave a Reply