Packed with healthy greens, sweet fruit and super healthy nuts and seeds, smoothie bowls are not only one of the biggest breakfast trends out there. These delicious super-bowls are packed with nutrients and, most importantly, they are really filling and delicious.
Today’s smoothie bowl recipe is packed with yummy frozen berries, chia seeds and spirulina powder. It’s almost—almost—too pretty to eat. Topped with pitaya balls (also known as Dragon fruit), which is a great source of antioxidants, magnesium and vitamin B, makes it an ideal post-workout snack.
Green smoothie bowl
For the smoothie
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soya milk
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful Pitaya (dragon fruit) balls
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- Add all the smoothie ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Remember: you can adjust the amount of almond milk to make it thicker or thinner, depending on what you like. Pour into a bowl and garnish as desired!