This recipe for thick, soft and chewy oatmeal cookies packed with sweet juicy raisins and dark chocolate chunks is definitely one of my all time favourites. This healthy cookie recipe will have you making another batch shortly after devouring the first! And they are perfect to pack into a lunch box!
Simple banana, chocolate & raisin oatmeal cookies
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups plain rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 160C (gas mark 4). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and toast the almonds until golden and fragrant. Cool for a few minutes then place into a food processor together with 1 cup of plain rolled oats and process until coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond/oatmeal mixture, the remaining cup of oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and flour.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana with a fork, add the almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and agave syrup. Mix until combined then add to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Mix in the chocolate drops and raisins.
- Taking about 2 heaped teaspoons of dough at a time, roll into small balls then press down to flatten it on the baking sheet. Space cookies a couple of centimetres apart and bake for around 12-15 minutes at 160C until golden.