Flavourful, tasty baked tempeh marinated in marmite and peanut butter is the perfect addition to salads, wraps, noodles, stir frys & more!
Made with whole fermented soybeans, tempeh is high in protein and has a pleasing nutty, earthy flavour. It is a great meat sub and can be used in a variety of recipes.
This marmite and peanut butter baked tempeh is:
- high in protein, iron, magnesium and calcium
- low in carbs
- easy to make, super versatile and utterly delicious
Marmite Peanut Butter Marinated Baked Tempeh
- 200 g tempeh
For the marinade
- 2 tsp smoked olive oil
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Slice the tempeh and transfer into the bowl with the sauce. Mix to coat all the pieces evenly, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, ideally overnight (that way the tempeh will soak up all the flavours from the marinade).
- Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment, place the tempeh pieces on and bake in the middle of the oven for around 15 minutes or until golden.