Impress your family and friends and make your own homemade vegan pasta with just three ingredients. Perfect to serve as a starter or a main dish, this cream cheese and garlic ravioli recipe requires very few ingredients, is super easy to make and is sure going to impress.
These little pasta parcels can be stuffed with almost anything, including mushrooms, pureed butternut squash, roasted veggies and more! I opted in for a classic vegan cream cheese and herb filling (my favourite!).
This homemade ravioli recipe is easier than you think and it is SO much tastier than store-bought.
This homemade ravioli recipe is:
- ready in a flash
- egg free, dairy free and vegan
- easy to make
- super filling
- so delicious!
Vegan Cream Cheese and Herb Ravioli
For the dough
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
For the filling
- 170 g vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cress
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Make the filling by combing all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste and set aside.
- To make the dough, simply place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix gently until it comes together. Once it forms a dough, knead it on a lightly floured surface for around 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four. Roll out each piece until super thin, you should be able to see the shadow of your hand behind the dough when you hold it up to the light.
- Place rounded teaspoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture at even intervals (approx. 1 inch apart). Brush around the filling with water to moisten the dough (this will make it sticky). Place another sheet of the pasta dough over, pressing down to seal.
- Cut into squares with a pastry wheel or a knife. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the ravioli in the boiling water for about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.