Rich vegan beetroot soup
- 1 fresh beetroot, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 vegetable stock
- 1 dash single soya cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Heat a little oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Add the beetroot chunks and cook over a low heat for around 5-10 minutes before adding the vegetable stock. Season to taste and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for around 20-30 minutes or until the beetroot is tender. Take off the heat and let it cool. Using a hand blender, purée until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Serve with a dollop of fresh cream and topped with fresh basil.