Guys, my obsession with sweet potatoes is getting real. And although these sweet potato and blueberry jam cookies were kind of an experiment, they actually turned out so good! They are soft, they are chewy and they taste goooood (so good I’m drooling thinking about them!).
These sweet potato cookies are:
- super easy to make
- naturally sweetened
They can be on your plate in just 20 minutes and require 10 super simple ingredients. What are you waiting for?!
Sweet Potato and Blueberry Jam Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp blueberry jam
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the flaxseed with 2 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- Place the oats and coconut into a food processor pulse into a flour.
- Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients together with the flaxseed mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture into equally-sized portions onto the baking sheet. Using the back of the spoon, gently flatten each cookie into a circle about 1cm thick.
- Press a thumbprint into the centre of each cookie and fill each indentation with a little jam.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until firm and lightly golden. Cool before serving.