It’s no secret that I love everything banana bread. It really is up there with some of my top favourite foods. You’ve seen me make Biscoff swirl banana bread, marbled banana bread as well as banana bread breakfast muffins. Basically, my love for banana bread has been going strong for years and has no intention of slowing. It was about time we created another banana bread type thing, this time with a little twist! Let me present you with my new favourite breakfast creation that is *drumroll* sweet potato and banana breakfast muffins! Woop woop!
Guys, the truth is my obsession with sweet potatoes is getting real. I’ve started incorporating it into all sorts of dishes, from my morning porridge, protein balls and cheesecakes to brownies and other delicious bakes – like this one. What’s not to love? They are perfectly sweet and so tasty!
Ready in just 45 minutes, these vegan sweet potato and banana breakfast muffins are the perfect weekend breakfast treat, especially served with a little butter and jam, yum! Let me show you how it’s done!
Sweet Potato and Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tray with 4 muffin cases.
- Place the oats into a food processor and pulse until they are ground into a powder-like consistency.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas, then add all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the 4 cases.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of each muffin comes out clean.