Who doesn’t love a good donut?!
Get festive with these super easy, vegan reindeer donuts. Perfectly sweet and lightly spiced with cinnamon, these donuts are the perfect way to get Christmassy. They are really soft and fluffy and take just 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to bake. You can decorate them as you wish – get creative!
This baked variety is just as satisfying as the traditional fried version, but SO much healthier. I dipped mine in chocolate and peanut butter, but I can imagine these would also be delicious rolled in cinnamon sugar (churro-style).
These Vegan Baked Donuts are:
- A healthier option – they are baked not fried!
- Soft and fluffy
- Completely delicious!
The best part about these baked vegan donuts is that the recipe is sooo simple! You probably have all of the ingredients needed to make them in your cupboard right now!
Vegan Cinnamon Baked Donuts (Christmas Edition)
- Donut baking tin
For the batter
- 100 g plain flour
- 70 g white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup plant milk
- 1 vegan egg replacer (I used Orgran)
For decorating (optional)
- 12 edible sugar eyes
- 12 pretzels
- 80 g chocolate (melted)
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- red sprinkles or marshmallows (for the nose)
- Preheat the oven to 180C Gas mark 4. Spray a donut tray with non0stick spray and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, mix to combine.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, melted butter, plant milk and egg replacer. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a jug and evenly pour into the prepared donut tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes before transferring onto a wire rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Melt the peanut butter and chocolate in two separate small dishes. Dip three of the donuts in the peanut butter and the remaining three in the chocolate.
- Stick the edible eyes and sprinkles or marshmallows for the nose. Using a knife, gently cut two 1.5cm lines in the side of each donut and stick the pretzel ears.