If you’re looking for the ultimate gingerbread man recipe this festive season, look no further. I’ve got you covered.
Crunchy, chewy and delicious vegan gingerbread men cookies that are super easy and cheap to make. Perfect to make with the kids at Christmas and eat with the rest of the family!
These vegan gingerbread men are:
- super easy to make
- slightly crispy on the edges
- soft and slightly chewy in the middle
- packed with ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for a little kick
- soooo addictive you will want to eat them all in one sitting
Vegan Gingerbread Men Biscuits
- 70 g vegan margarine/butter alternative
- 120 g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 flax egg or another vegan egg alternative
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- white piping icing
- Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas Mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 12 large or 24 small gingerbread men. Transfer onto the baking tray and bake in the middle of the oven for around 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before decorating with icing and your favourite sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles.
Leave a Reply