Guys… It turns out you don’t need an ice cream maker to concoct a delicious icy treat (YAY)!
Ya’ll know it can be tricky to get your hands on a scoop of delicious dairy free ice cream. But guys.. worry not. I have solutions.
It’s mid July and raspberries are beginning to flood grocery stores so I’m guessing you (like me) have a giant crate sitting in your fridge, just waiting to be used. There are two options.
Option 1: You could eat them straight from the bowl.
Option 2 (my vote): you could make a no churn raspberry ripple ice cream!
Vegan raspberry ripple ice cream
- 800 ml canned coconut cream
- 400 g pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple nectar
- Place the moist, pitted dates into a food processor and process for around 2-3 minutes. Once chopped into small pieces, add a little bit of hot water a little at a time until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- In a cup or separate bowl, mash the raspberries using a fork, then stir in the maple syrup and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, scoop out the coconut cream from the cans, reserving the clear liquid for other uses and whip using a hand mixer until creamy.
- Continue to whip whilst slowly adding the vanilla extract, cashew milk and date mixture.
- Once fully incorporated, add in the raspberry mixture and stir until slightly swirled then, transfer the mixture into a parchment lined container and cover loosely with plastic wrap and foil to help it freeze. Place in the freezer for around 3 hours for a soft, mousse-like ice cream. If freezing over night, set out for 15 minutes prior to scooping.Tip: Run your ice cream scoop under hot water before diving in!