Hey guys! There are two foods I can eat to no (virtually no) end: avocados and chocolate. I’ve already shared with you how to make vegan chocolate before but I couldn’t help but share my most recent obsession: my vegan white chocolate recipe for when those cravings hit.
This recipe has been a long time coming because white chocolate can be quite difficult to make vegan. I’ve been craving it for like over a year now, and the only white chocolate substitute I found in shops tasted absolutely vile! Worry not because I have finally cracked the code!
This recipe is simple, requiring just 4 ingredients to make. Let’s go!
Vegan white chocolate
Creamy and delicious vegan white chocolate that melts in your mouth.
- 100 g cacao butter
- 2 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and the coconut milk powder. Make sure that all of the sugar is completely dissolved in the cacao butter before adding the vanilla extract. Tip: Adding a few drops of orange extract at this stage will take this white chocolate to a whole new level!
- Pour or spoon the mixture into your silicone moulds, then place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Pop the white chocolate bars out of the moulds and enjoy on the spot, or use to decorate cupcakes, cakes or cookies.
Can the icing sugar be subbed for Coconut or Agave?
Hi there! I must admit I have never tried making it with coconut or agave sugar however if you do, the only thing I’d say is blitz the coconut sugar in a high-powered blender until completely powdered beforehand.
Let me know how you get on if you do try it! 🙂