These Grilled Brussel Sprout Skewers with Vegan Parmesan ‘Cheese’ are the perfect veggie side dish for summer barbecues and all-year-round family celebrations.
The ‘Parmesan cheese’ used in this recipe uses cashew nuts. For a nut-free vegan Parmesan cheese recipe, click here.
Grilled Brussel Sprout Skewers with Vegan Parmesan ‘Cheese’
For the marinate:
- 200 g brussel sprouts, halved
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the parmesan ‘cheese’:
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- To make the parmesan, simply place all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a fine meal is achieved. Stir and set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill to high temperature.
- Wash, trim and halve the Brussel sprouts. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the sprouts into a large mixing bowl. Add in the olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, dill and salt. Mix to ensure all sprouts are coated evenly.
- Thread the sprouts and tomatoes onto bamboo skewers (2 tomato halves and 2 sprout halves per one) and place on a wire rack. Grill for about 12 mins turning frequently to ensure they do not burn.
- Garnish with the cashew Parmesan ‘cheese’ just before serving.
Leave a Reply