Perfect for ice cream sundaes, sponge puddings, dipping apple slices or any sweet treat you fancy.
And, if you’re stuck for a Secret Santa present or wondering what to bring to your Christmas party, a jar of this salted caramel is just the ticket.
Salty and sweet steals my heart; there is no combination of flavours like the two! And requiring just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make, this has got to be the best homemade vegan salted caramel sauce! No candy thermometer required!
The base for this simple recipe is condensed coconut milk. Added to a mixture of melted dairy-free butter, dark demerara sugar, vanilla extract and salt, the mixture is blended until smooth, glossy and just bubbly.
It it’s perfect right out of the saucepan, but it also stores well in the refrigerator.
Note: This recipe makes about 1 jam jar of delicious, creamy, dreamy vegan caramel sauce.
Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce
- 320 g condensed coconut milk
- 100 g dark demerara sugar
- 60 g dairy free butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Heat a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter, dark demerara sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the condensed coconut milk and a good pinch of salt and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring repeatedly.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a jar. The mixture will be very hot, so make sure you leave it to cool for a few minutes!
Leave a Reply